Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Donut Burgers

 



Getting donuts on Sunday after mass is a Barbera family tradition that goes back as far as I can remember.

So when I was at the beach and I didn't see my brother around after mass on Sunday morning, my nephew Michael told me he went to get donuts.

"Creme donuts," he said.
"Ever had 'em?"

"Yeah I've had creme donuts before," I told him.

"But these have special creme," he said.

"Oh, you mean the kind that makes your teeth itch?" I said.

"What does that mean?" he asked.

"It's a Pop Pop term," I said and explained how my dad uses that term for things that are sweet.

My brother and sister-in-law returned, put the donut box on the table and then I opened it up.

Sweet jesus.

Would you look at those things!

My nephew referred to them as "donut burgers" because life for him is full of Simpsonalia.

These of course, should not be confused with these donut burgers which couldn't possibly be more disgusting.

Although I bet Homer would eat one.

3 comments:

Will said...

Homer would eat one, as would I. But that's not a donut burger, this is a donut burger:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burger

Whit said...

Mmmm, donut burgers...

Unknown said...

will- i link to the Luther Burger. guess i didn't make that clear... that Homer would eat a LB!

whit - they were awesome. especially with coffee. Zing!