Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cloris Leachman Just Killed It

I just came home from working a Sunday evening catering shift.

Exhausted from losing my lake virginity the day before, where I drank bastardized versions of Wild Orchids, rode jet skis and made a very feeble attempt to water ski (note to self: close mouth and let go of rope), I soldiered through a shit ass'ed catering shift.

My shift involved setting up for some extreme German baptism party only to have a storm roll in and have to move slash lift eight foot tables (with place settings) from the backyard to their wrap-around porch.

Channel surfing away from the Olympics, I stumbled across the roast of Bob Saget. Saget is most known for his role on the TV show Full House or as the host of America's Funniest Home Videos.

I watched a few mediocre comics roast the man.

Then Cloris Leachman came on.

And killed it.

Killed.

It.

Oh and Don Rickles made an appearance.

Suddenly I remembered a recent late night informercial on Dean Martin's variety show.

I had just labored through trying to finished the Nick Tosches biography on Dino before my recent trip to the Jersey Shore.

I never made it to the finish before it was due at the place where one of my friends works. I didn't want to return it all full of sand and stained with suntan lotion. Plus it's one of those dense as fuck books that would demand more attention that I could possibly give at this juncture in time, so I pledge to myself I would purchase a copy and return to it when I could better digest the Crocetti family lore.

Here's a clip from informercial I recently saw and what I think comedy is all about.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Greg, Tosches' Dinobio is way deep and does take lots of energy to conquer...but so very worthwhile...btw, I believe the clip you share is from on of our Dino's roasts vs the Dinoshow...never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth...

Unknown said...

i do believe i said i was exhausted... which probably led to the crossover from variety show to roast with Rickles as the bridge tying it altogether.

thanks for the clarification though as my posts often read like Mad Libs wherein i expect people to fill in the blanks of thoughts thought but not typed...

dino martin peters said...

hey pallie greg, no problemo...no disrespect meant dude, loves to see our Dino mentioned in whatever Dinoform....hopes you return to the Dinobio at some point...Dino is a true egnima...but Tosches' book comes the closest to revealin' the tan man....

Anonymous said...

Clorox Bleach?

Anonymous said...

no.

Clorox Girls!

Anonymous said...

who said said?

Anonymous said...

What's all this about Tosches' Dino bio taking time and energy to conquer? That book went down like a smooth sangiovese the first time I read it, and just as quickly; youse guys make it sound like it's friggin War & Peace...

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Dan-o...what a wonderful comparison...Tosches' bio is even more brillant then W&P....