My catering peers and I, we have this thing about overheard conversations.
Because in my business, people say the damnest things. And we get to hear it all.
Here are a few choice comments recently heard:
- "My office is full of academiologists"
[Duke University staff are allowed to make up words]
- "The kids these days have bloggeritis"
[It's a terrible disease. Incurable they say.]
- "The best way to get rid of geese, if you have a geese problem, is to soak crackers in anti-freeze." [Um, yeah.]
- "Dumpstering for furniture is much better in New York City,"
[That's why grad school is better in the Northeast.]
- "This drink is not for me." [Do I care?]
- "Let's all raise your wine, your beer, your Coke... and make a toast"
[The Lt. Governor of North Carolina during a speech at the Pepsi Sail America tall ships event]